Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One More Time

So, I was listening, via shuffle, to my ipod this morning on the subway and Daft Punk's "One More Time" came on. Though I wouldn't even really consider myself a fan of Daft Punk (anything too dance-y has got to be super weird and/or smart and funny, a la Hot Chip, for me to really like it) I've got to admit that this song has held up really well as a single over the years and features one of the all-time best uses of the much-loathed "auto-tune" feature.

More importantly (for anyone reading this), hearing this song reminded me of the supremely entertaining and bizarre video for this song, which features a weird mix of Anime and Voltron-era animation. If you've never seen it, here you go...

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Pretty sure this video is part of the longer film, Interstella 5555, which you can watch on YouTube.

Josh said...

Wow...weird. I had no idea. I just remember this video being shown again and again on the tv's in the Case Hall lobby when I was leaving and coming back from class.

dana trombley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.