Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Taste of Genius

By now, everybody knows (and probably loves) both Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert. I know I do. As much as I admired their work on The Daily Show, I was initially sceptical of both of their television ventures that followed. I thought there was no way the American Office could live up to the British version, but after some time and viewing a handful of episodes, I've become a bonafide fan. And of course Mr. Carell is untouchable as the arrogant yet lovable Michael Scott. With the Colbert Report, I wasn't sure Stephen would be charismatic enough to drive the show for 30 minutes, let alone four days a week. He commands every second of the show without the help of correspondents and shows you his supreme imrpov chops during the interviews.

That said, I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments where they worked together on screen. It feels kind of weird to watch them work off each other now that they're both popular individually, but it's so incredibly fun.

Here's one of my favorite Even Stevphen's from the Daily Show:



And a classic sketch from the devastatingly shortlived Dana Carvey Show:



Finally an Ambiguously Gay Duo you're sure to enjoy:

No comments: