Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gilbert being Gilbert


I'm currently too laid out by a wicked sore throat to do much writing, but I wanted to quickly remind everyone that hasn't done so yet to check out Gilbert Arenas' blog on NBA.com. Arenas, a point guard for the Washington Wizards, is not only a fantastic player, prone to dramatic last-second shots and the kind of agressive game that has Kobe Bryant claiming"he has no conscience," he's also an insightful and sometimes shockingly candid blogger. He provides the kind of spontaneity , uniqueness, and up-close feeling that seems emblematic of what sets the NBA apart from the other sports leagues in America. Check him out, y'all.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Man, that Gilbert is a hoot. I approve of his long rambly posts and 100% honesty. I do think I like him even better than Cleveland's own.

Josh said...

Yeah, he really is a great personality. I've said it before, but I really think there's a personal, humanizing aspect to the NBA and their players that really sets it apart from the other American sports leagues.