Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hall and Oates, Part 2

Due to Stephanie's inspired inclusion of the video for "She's Gone" in the comments section yesterday, I decided that I had to get this included into a proper post. It's an amazing video, and if there's ever been a better reaction to meeting The Devil, I'd like to see it:

"She's Gone"



On an unrelated note, has "shame" ever been personified better than in this picture of Eliot Spitzer during his press conference on monday? It's an absolutely perfect mix of contrition, embarrassment, and awkwardness. As Stephen Colbert pointed out on his show last night, it looks like he wants to eat his face:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Can we just talk about how amazing that hair is on Daryl? It's like Judith Light crossed with Labyrinth era Bowie.

Also, I didn't realize it until last night, but Daryl Hall makes a small appearence on FOTC as the World Music Night coordinator in the episode where Bret and Jemaine get "new fans" and take acid.

Anonymous said...

Such a jam! New theory: all musicians in the 70's looked sort of retarded?

Josh said...

Damn, I forgot about that-I'm going to have to recheck that FOTC episode.

Re: musicians in the 70's. Absolutely true. Everyone from David Byrne to the dudes from Grand Funk Railroad.

Rosemary said...

I've become horribly obsessed with the video for "Total Eclipse of the Heart."